Community Business Initiative
Local businesses making a difference
What is the Community Business Initiative
CBI invites local businesses to partner with a school in order to help provide new opportunities for students to engage with rigorous hands-on STEM lessons and activities.
Benefits for your Business
Community Business Initiative partners receive:
• Recognition on our website and newsletter, and a plaque to hang in your office
• Company branding at SLL, at your partner school site, and in marketing materials
• Midyear and year end updates on how your support is impacting students at your site and
across all schools
• Optional volunteer opportunities at SLL and/or at your partner school site
• Invitations to CBI networking events with other local businesses and school
Benefits for your school
Your partner school will receive:
• Access to a curated library of over $85,000 in STEM classroom equipment and online
database to search and reserve items
• Professional develop workshops on how to implement content specific lessons
• Individualized planning assistance for teachers to develop new lessons
• Entry to a community of like minded professional educators
Take the next step today!
Have a school in mind?
If you have a school in mind in your neighborhood, just connect us with them and invite them to get involved, then we’ll all meet and discuss a partnership
Sponsor a School on our Waitlist
If you’re open to any local school, we’ve got a short waitlist of schools we can pair you with, or can outreach to schools in your neighborhood
Sponsor a Collection
Get involved without a partner school- sponsor a collection of new equipment or pick from items on our wish list, and your support can benefit thousands of local students
Ready to Partner?
Fill out the short application below and we’ll be in touch!